If your kids pick at their plate when you serve salmon, shrimp, or tuna, they could be missing out on nutrients that are essential to healthy growth and development. The omega-3 fatty acids EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) are found in the highest concentrations in cold-water fish. Our bodies make a small amount of omega 3s, but most of what we need has to come from diet or supplements. These essential fatty acids are vitally important because they are the building blocks of every living cell in the human body. They are absolutely necessary for normal health and development. Without them, cells can’t function, renew, or maintain themselves properly. Omega 3s promote cardiovascular health, support a healthy memory and learning, help brain and vision development of infants, and promote natural joint flexibility and mobility. For kids, omega-3 fatty acids are particularly important when it comes to brain and eye development. So, if your kids wrinkle their nose just cbd hemp infused gummies when fish is served, here are some sneaky ways to get it into their diet!
1. Sprinkle ground flaxseed in smoothies, oatmeal, even on ice cream – your kids will never know the difference!
2. Swap your normal oil for canola when you cook, and use heart-healthy walnuts in dishes or as a dessert topping.
3. Choose fortified foods. Reach for those eggs, juices, cereal, and yogurts, but remember that most are typically fortified with ALA, so you still might not be getting the biggest nutritional cbd products usa benefit. Search for products fortified with DHA to get more brain-boosting benefits.
4. Make your own kid-friendly fish sticks. While breaded frozen fish sticks you buy at the store are tasty and usually a hit with kids, most typically aren’t made with omega-3-rich fish. Try making an at-home alternative by using a mild fish such as cod or tilapia. Mix together an egg, flour, and crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs, then dip fish in the mixture. Sauté in canola oil until golden or bake on a baking sheet at 425° for 8-12 minutes.
5. Try a tasty gummy supplement. If your kids refuse to get omega-3 fatty acids through their diet or it’s something you don’t normally serve, give them a tasty treat, conveniently infused with both DHA and EPA. Give kids ages 4 to 13 a serving of four NUTRILITE® BRAINIUMS DHA® gummies and they’ll get 105 mg of DHA and 45 mg of EPA. Teens and adults who don’t like traditional fish oil supplements should take eight gummies per day.