“Jojoba oil” is the newest addition to the set of dermatology misnomers. Surprise, surprise, it isn’t actually an oil but a liquid wax ester produced from the jojoba seed. It is said that the “oil” is made up of compounds that are “near skin-like.” Being so, it serves a variety of purpose to the skin.
What might you ask is its greatest function? Presenting jojoba oil, acne buster… Being a new beauty product, the following are must-know facts about how the “oil” can be used to prevent acne breakouts:
1) Moisturizes the skin. Six out of ten women use some form of moisturizer before leaving the house and going to bed. However, many cheap moisturizers cause acne breakouts more than keeping your skin hydrated.These moisturizers are made of harmful chemicals that may inflame your skin and encourage bacterial growth fenugreek.
2) To remove your make-up. Jojoba oil is the best make-up remover because it is non-comedogenic. Blackheads and whiteheads are mostly caused by the combined clogging effect of mineral-based make-up and dirt. Simple face washing will not do the trick as many cleansers contain chemicals that harm the skin. To protect the skin from them, use jojoba oil on top of your facial cleansing regimen.
3) As an anti-acne product. The greatest irony of skin health is that anti-acne and anti-blemish products are the reason why acne is so prevalent. This is especially since these products are used without consulting a dermatologist and can be incompatible with your skin. Jojoba oil acne buster, however, is closets to your skin composition and is therefore non-comedogenic.
4) Makes for soft and shiny hair. Have you heard about pomade acne? This is an acne type indirectly caused by using the wrong hair-care products. The styling productscan seep oil into your hairline and forehead, clogging and trapping bacteria that cause acne. Because jojoba oil is natural, you can use it in lieu of your hair styling regimen.
5) To relax your skin. Among the many lifestyle causes of acne, stress and exposure to the harsh environment are two of the greatest. At the end of the day, all your stresses are written in your face. Applying jojoba oil to your face can relax your skin cells because of its soothing properties. You can also use the oil when you leave home as its screens your face from dust and dirt that can clog your pores.
6) To sooth inflammation from facial hair removal. Among the top acne-causing facial regimens are shaving, tweezing, and waxing, all of which leave your skin vulnerable to acne-causing bacteria. You can soothe face swelling by applying jojoba oil, acne buster after washing.
Because of being natural, you have to give some time for your jojoba oil to work its wonders in your skin. Many people become frustrated if they don’t see results after a few days of using the oil. At most, wait at least 21 days to feel its effects as this is the time it takes to produce new skin cells.